5 Kasım 2013 Salı

Romantic Lines From Literature


Written By Ayça

The Greatest Expressions of Love Ever Written
Autumn has arrived. The air smells like a love song.We chose the classic literature of several parts. Let’s start to read.

 
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
“He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.”

 
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
“To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.”


The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
"I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."


Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen
"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."


North And South by Elizabeth Gaskell
"All this gladness in life, all honest pride in doing my work in the world, all this keen sense of being, I owe to her!" And it doubles the gladness, it makes the pride glow, it sharpens the sense of existence till I hardly know if it is pain or pleasure, to think that I said he, stepping forwards with stern determination - "to one whom I love, as I do not believe man ever loved woman before."



The Portrait Of A Lady by Henry James
It has made me better loving you … it has made me wiser, and easier, and brighter. I used to want a great many things before, and to be angry that I did not have them.Theoretically, I was satisfied. I flattered myself that I had limited my wants. But I was subject to irritation; I used to have morbid sterile hateful fits of hunger, of desire. Now I really am satisfied, because I can’t think of anything better.”


Hamlet by William Shakespeare
"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."


Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night."


Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own: in pain and sickness it would still be dear.”


Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
"It is not time or opportunity that is to determine intimacy; - it is disposition alone. Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others."

NOTES
http://www.goodreads.com
http://www.stylist.co.uk/books/top-50-most-romantic-lines-from-literature

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder